Thursday, April 21, 2011

Setting the Scene

Triumphal Entry or Palm Sunday scene.
At Christmas time I absolutely love setting out the Nativity. It has been such a wonderful teaching tool to tell the Christmas story to my children. When I saw these Easter figurines I was so excited! These have not only been perfect decorations to prepare and remind us in the Lenten season, but they are also great teaching tools. The girls enjoy helping to set them out and looking at them through out the season. We also use them in family time and I have used them to tell stories in Sunday School. I bought both of these sets through Oriental Trading a few years ago. These are not heirloom quality, and each set cost under $20 a few years ago. There are other higher quality figurine sets out there if you are looking for something to last through the ages. However, for us right now these work great.
I try to separate the celebration of Spring from the Celebration of Easter. So we put up these figurines after we take down all the bunnies and chicks. The kids love decorating and it provides a visual shift of focus for us all.
Resurrection Scene. 
I look for pretty crosses at our local thrift store to add to our decorations.
Here are a few figurine options you can find on Amazon.


No comments: