Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cloth Diaper Review-- Still my favorites!

Rose in her prefold diaper, before I put the cover on.

Prefolds. These are the good old fashioned diapers that many of us wore as kids. I have read that the ones you want to look for are either Chinese or Indian, and you should look for diaper service quality. You can get 24 of them for about $20 to $25. If you really want to save money... Get these! If you have a couple of good covers they really aren't that hard to use. We don't use pins we use a Snappi that just hooks onto the diaper.
Mamabearbabywear
This is a seller I found on ebay. Her name is Amy Washington and she's a mom who makes diaper covers. The link above goes directly to her personal site. Her covers are very well crafted and they are an awesome design. She made a one-size cover that looks like your average pocket diaper. You can adjust the size with snaps and you close it with Velcro. Plus it's great to support other moms!


Rose modeling the cover from Mammabearbabywear.
Another view of the Mammabearbabywear. Note the gussets around the leg.
Mother-ease
This is a wonderful brand. These are like prefolds but you don't have to worry about pins or any kind of contraption to make the diaper stay on. They have a variety of different designs. I have two of the Sandy's (I think I have the Sandy
's Organic) and one of the One Size Cloth Diaper (I have the Bamboo). These diapers are super soft and they seem so comfortable. Rose actually wanted to sleep with one of them the other day. Plus they work well. I can really adjust them to fit Rose.

Mother-ease has the BEST covers. I have several Rickki Wraps. These have really effective gussets (gathering around the waist and legs) They also have what they call Airflow Snap (breathable covers), I really like these as well.

No comments: