Wednesday, May 9, 2012

40 Days to Fabulous!- Day One Journal

Well, here we are... Day One of the book Organizing Magic by Sandra Felton. I am so excited that several of you have taken up the challenge to read this book and attempt to have a more well-ordered home and life.

I may not do a post about every single chapter...I may combine a few days, but we will just have to see where this journey takes us.

Here I am. Day One.... and I am just coming out of two weeks of letting the house go. First week I hurt my foot and could hardly stand on it. Second week... nasty cold/sinus infection. The result... my house is super messy and overwhelming and desperately needs an over haul. In addition... I am overwhelmed by the task.

So, no place to start but at the beginning!

I found this chapter to be a great jump start. The phrase that best sums up this chapter is..."Make your life easier!" We are supposed to pick out tips from this book that are going to make OUR lives easier. We need to be willing to try new things, and carve out the time to devote to changing our habits.

I think for me the two biggest challenges I have ahead of me are: reducing the amount of stuff in my home and breaking my own bad habits and trying to teach my children new and good habits.

The quote that sent my fist shooting up in the air with and exuberant YES! was:

"The purpose of this book is not to ratchet up the details of your life a notch or two. It's not designed to help you fly higher and longer, to be more of a hardworking perfectionist. You're probably already expending most of your time and energy and don't want to expend anymore.
This book will help you work less and still accomplish your aims- maybe even better than before and certainly more efficiently."- (Sandra Felton, Organizing Magic)

Here goes nothing!!! (In actuality, here goes a lot of things... right out the door!)
I need to get my home more organized to make my life simpler... so therefore the solutions that produce the organization can't be complicated systems to maintain.



No comments: