Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Piece of Cake!

When I started planning CJ's 2nd Birthday Party. I had visions of a cute little cake. In fact my exact vision looked just like this cake. It's small, I thought to my self! Surely I can handle making a cake like this! How hard could it be! Deep inside, the voice of reason was whispering to me....'remember your track record.' 
Truth be told... I do not have a good track record with my baking. In high school while baking with friends, my one job was to add the salt. I got a little confused between teaspoon and tablespoon and ruined the whole batch. I was even blamed once for making someone throw up after eating brownies that I had made. (But for the record, I ate them and I didn't throw up! I think he just had the stomach flu....but not a good omen for my baking reputation)
But now I am a mom! Somehow in all the breastfeeding and diaper changing I must have acquired some baking skills. And really, I am following a recipe....I graduated from college I should be able to follow directions! Well, I followed all the directions to the best of my ability. I consulted the internet. I called my mom. And in the end, I hid this cake from view! Then I gave the kids delicious nutritious cupcakes that I made from scratch AND tasted great! So I called the day a success!

1 comment:

Wine Woman said...

Your cake made me laugh but A for effort Jen!