Friday, September 30, 2011

Extreme Makeover

Can you see the difference I feel? (I did not retouch this photo in any way!)
Well, it seems a little funny posting this picture of myself. I am just wondering if you see the difference I feel? I keep looking at the header for my blog and I see the difference. I am going to have to take some new pictures! For those of you just catching up on the miracle... I have had many chronic health problems for years. Recently, I was fitted for an Oral Systemic Balance Orthodic. This is a special retainer like thing that fits over my teeth. I wear it all the time. This Orthodic has changed my life.

Dr. Farrand Robson discovered that I was not getting enough oxygen because my tongue was too far back of my throat. This lack of oxygen caused my body to put all of it's energy into breathing. Since so much energy was being put towards this function....everything else was suffering.

The process of being fitted for the Orthotic and healing takes about three months. I am half-way through the process. I feel a million times better. Despite some ups and downs that come with the process.

It's funny, I keep loosing site of what my life used to be like. I was feeling like I wasn't making any progress. Then my husband reminded me that in one week I: did four days in a row of home school, transferred out the summer clothes for fall/winter. I decorated the house for fall. I took the girls to a bounce house in Gig Harbor and then came home and cleaned the house for a Norwex party. Sure I was tired. But I was normal tired. I was able to do all those things and not end up in bed. All I can say is: Praise the Lord!

God has also provided half the funds that I need to complete the process! Such a huge answer to prayer!

No comments: