Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Funny Thing

Right now we are in the midst of planning a Wise Woman Workshop on Organizing so we had a planning meeting at my house. Seemed like a good idea... but wait! The cleaning and organizing experts are coming to my house... the newly self actualized Messie!
Fortunately for me these are my friends... and they have been to my house before.... and they still love me!
However, this wasn't that big of a deal because I had been working hard all week putting into practice my new method. The Mount Vernon Method. Apparently this is how they clean at George Washington's house in Mount Vernon-- you start in one place and work your way around the interior of the house cleaning and organizing. The place you stop at on one day is the place you start up on the next. AND, before I knew I was a Messie, I had already started sorting and cleaning and have actually made some progress. That is progress on most of the house....except our room. But who is going to see that! So I thought....
So I was feeling pretty good about my house when the ladies came over for the meeting.
Even better, just as the meeting was about to start my sister, Cara, called and wanted to Skype with the girls. This was great because she read them stories and kept them entertained during my meeting.... all the way from California!
All seemed well and good, until I realized that I couldn't find one of the books on organizing... in my room. My sister couldn't help but laugh as she watched me (from the computer screen) frantically root through my disastrous room looking for a book on organization.
Then one of the ladies in the meeting said, "If only we had a box of random things to sort through for our demonstration."
I just smiled and said, "I think I can help you with that."
I went to my room and brought out two boxes of random items that had been placed there when I tried to clean my room over six months ago.
The organizing ladies were delighted.... it was just what they were looking for! The scary thing is I had absolutely no idea what was in there. I did peek to make sure there was nothing too embarrassing. (I mean more embarrassing then having your junk box sorted in front of a crowd.) However, I would rather donate the boxes to science then  have to face them myself!
A little while later they said, "It would be so nice if we had a pile of papers to sort for our demonstration."
To which I responded, "No worries, I have a nice pile of papers you can sort through too."

No comments: